GRWM || Ball Time!

Friday 14 April 2017

Time has been flying by like hotcakes! These past few weeks have been absolutely hectic for me - I have just been swamped with uni assessments, lectures, work and everything else that comes in between! You don't really think about it but uni does really hit you week after week, especially when there are other commitments also on your plate. Before you know, the uni week has already finished and the next one is already here and assessment due dates/test dates are looming closer than you originally thought. 

Thankfully, the Easter break is here! Yayyy! Time to make sure that I am up-to-date with my studies and to consolidate what I have learnt so far. Kicking off the Easter break, I got to a faculty ball last night! My friends and I rented an Airbnb apartment in the city to get ready. Alright, let's do a post GRWM :)







Eyes and Brows
Brows come first! I used the Anastasia Brow Definer Pencil in Medium Brown to define the shape and then use the tarte colored clay brow gel in black brown to set and add more dimension to my brows.  

I forgot to bring an eyelid primer with me so I had to borrow one of my friends. I used the Urban Decay Primer Potion to prime my eyes and then attempted a smoky brown eye look with the UD Naked Palette and the Stila Surreal and Renaissance Eye Shadow Palettes. I lined it with the Blam Black Liquid Eyeliner waterlined it with the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink. Although I applied tarte's waterproof Lights, Camera, SPLASHES mascara to my eyelashes, that wasn't quite enough to make my lashes pop, so I applied on some falsies. I also highlighted my inner corners with the Etude House Teardrop Eyeliner.


Face
Primer always comes first for long-lasting make-up! I primed my face with the Stila all-in-one face corrector. I love the Maybelline Fit Me! Dewy + Smooth in 125 Nude Beige foundation! It matches my skin tone so well and doesn't dry out my dry skin at all and used that as a based for my face. I then concealed my red spots and pimples with the Thin Lizzy Concealer Crème in Duchess and brightened up my undereyes with Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer. I then set everything together with my Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder (which I forgot to picture) to keep everything in place. 

Got to give myself some dimension with the Cover | FX Contour Kit in N Light and highlighted with the Cover | FX Enhance Click in Rose Gold. Also gave myself some rosy cheeks with the L'Oreal Le Blush in Candy Cane Pink. 


Lips
Last but not least, used the MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Creme Cup and Colourpop Creme Lipstick in Finders Keepers. 

The ball was pretty good but definitely could have been better. I went to the same ball last year and it was just heaps better in terms of quality. It was still good but just not as good! But the company was amazing! (: 

Jessica xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan