GRWM || Ringing in 2017

Friday 30 December 2016

December has been cray-cray and I was losing sleep and sanity juggling two retail jobs over the Christmas season - reason as to why I have not posted in a while, ehehe. This month has gone by so so sooooo fast! And the year has come to an end already! I honestly have no idea where the year has gone. This year has definitely been an amazing year for me. Although there were some ups and some downs, it is without a doubt that this year has changed my life for the better. It brought me some amazing experiences and has allowed me to meet some of the best people on earth. I am so so so grateful for the year and how far I have come since the start of the year. I started off the year coming home from Shanghai after an overseas study exchange trip, joined a university club that I am very passionate about, got myself a new part-time job, then a Christmas casual role and finally here, readying myself for my penultimate year in university. I have learnt so much new skills and also saw myself grow in such a way that I never knew was even possible! Here's to hoping 2017 will be an even better year!




Enough about me reflecting on the year! Let's get ready to ring the new year in! Normally I don't use this much make-up but it's nice to be able to glam up once in a while. I have got quite a few new make-up products since my last post, which I will pop onto my next post but for now let's get into it!

Eyes
Eyes need to be primed first before anything and I'll be doing that with the elf Eyelid Primer. I'll be attempting a smoky eye look with my elf Beauty Book in the Natural Look and lining it in either the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink or the Blam Black Liquid Eyeliner. Not quite sure which eyeliner to go for yet but I guess I'll decide tomorrow when I get ready. Next the lashes need to be curled before I pop on my tarte waterproof Lights, Camera, SPLASHES mascara. I will also highlight my inner corners with my Etude House Teardrop Eyeliner. Last but not least, some falsies to glam it up. 

Brows
My brows is probably the easiest to do. I'm just going to go in with my Anastasia Brow Definer Pencil in Medium Brown and be done with.  


Face
Gotta prime the face first. I'm using the stila all-in-one face corrector to prime my face then I'm going in with my Maybelline Fit Me! Dewy + Smooth in 125 Nude Beige foundation to help give me a flawless base to work with. Then I'm touching up any spots with the Rimmel Match Perfection 2-in-1 Concealer & Highlighter and camouflaging any dark circles with my Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser. The Rimmel concealer & highlighter is not exactly the best product and the tube doesn't quite squeeze out the product but it will have to do for now. After that I'm going to set my face with the Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder (which I forgot to picture) to keep everything in place. 

I'll go in to contour my nose with the NYX Wonder Stick, which works well for me as the product isn't very pigmented. I'll use the Cover | FX Contour Kit in N Light to contour and highlight my face and will also be using the Cover | FX Enhance Click in Rose Gold to give myself a nice rose gold highlight. Then I'll be using some of the L'Oreal Le Blush in Candy Cane Pink to give myself some nice rosy cheeks. 

Lips
Lip balm first to keep those lippies nice and hydrated! I'll be using the Colourpop Lippie Pencil in Oh Snap to lip my lips and give myself a nice, sharp lip. I'll be using my MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Creme Cup, which my colleague sweetly got me for Christmas. 

What are you all doing to ring in the new year?

Jessica xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan