HAUL || Recent Purchases

Sunday 26 March 2017

It's been quite a while hasn't it? Uni been back at full swing and in the midst of juggling that along with everything that I have on my plate, it has come at the sacrifice of sleep. Though, at the same time, it is a good thing. Life is a lot more bustling and I do miss my friends and the uni environment! It just means life is that little bit more stressful with assignments and other commitments lined up. 

My make-up routine has been pretty the same every day but I did make some new purchases recently. Let's see what I've purchased!





L'Oreal Eyeshadow Palette in Smoky Eyes
Priceline was having a 40% off sale and that was more than enough of an excuse to pick up some things, ehehe. I picked up this mini eyeshadow palette because it caught my eyes at the shop and I was after some new eyeshadows to play with. The small size is definitely travel-friendly. 

The formula is quite good, though it could have been better. The colour pay-off is pretty decent but is not as pigmented as I would like them to appear. I do like how easily blendable they are. The four shades are matte-shimmery shades and very easy to tone up or down. I say they are matter-shimmery because they are neither matter or shimmery, rather they are more matte shades with shimmery specks. I quite like this because it very wearable in the day despite the shimmer, though I guess this is also attributed to the lighter pigmentation. 


Revlon Volume + Length Magnified Mascara in Blackest Black
The mascara that I have been using recently is a waterproof one but I wanted one that isn't waterproof so it doesn't weigh down my lashes as much, considering that I do wear mascara almost everyday. I haven't tried this one out yet but I am hoping that is good and gives my lashes the volume and length that it lacks. 

Essence I <3 Extreme Crazy Volume Mascara
I wasn't intending to pick this up but I was at the checkout and my friend chucked it in my basket, telling me that it is very worth it for its price. I must admit it was quite cheap at $4. It is a pretty decent mascara but that's because it's a new tube. It doesn't give the crazy volume as the tube says but for what I paid, it does do a pretty alright of a job!

tarte colored clay brow gel in black brown
I love this brow gel! I have been using this a lot since I bought it because I wanted a quick and easy way to shape my brows. It is very easy to use and gives my brows a very natural finish! For most days, I like having a natural look and this is perfect for that. Just a few upwards stokes to fill in the sparse areas and brows are done. 

Thin Lizzy Concealer Crème in Duchess
I needed a new concealer and went into Priceline intending to get the Maybelline FIT Me concealer, but the shade that I was after was sold out. :( I wanted something there and there so one of the beauty advisors recommended this Thin Lizzy one for me, which is of a similar formula to the Maybelline one. The good thing was that this came in my shade! I quite like this concealer and works quite well to cover up any red spots that I may have. 

Have you made any new purchases recently?

Jessica xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan