Lazy Everyday Make-Up Routine

Wednesday 16 November 2016

It feels like forever since I last made a post, and it has been as I was swarmed with the pressures of exams. But now that it's over it means I can continue what I've always been doing, just without the guilt, hehehe. And yesss, being free from exams and studying feels so good!

This semester I was pretty much either running late to class or woke up feeling sleep-deprived due to the many late nights and early rises. As a result of that, I needed a make-up routine that was quick and simple and I have pretty much perfected my routine. It just takes me 5-10 minutes to walk out of my door and ready to start my day, which generally involves more sleeping on the train, ehehe. I try to keep my make-up really natural and use minimal products because again, this results in more sleep time. And who can resist sleep?





Milani Brow Fix Brow Kit
This is my go-to brow product for when I want to just very quickly give my brows some life. As you can see, I have hit pan for the darkest colour which goes to show just how often I have been using this brow powder. The product is very easy to apply and because it is powder it helps to give my brows a very nice subtle dimension. It's not the best product out there but it definitely puts my brows together for uni. 

Billion Dollar Brow Universal Brow Pencil
I use this for the spoolie to comb out any stray hairs on my brows and to just make sure the product blends together and does not look too harsh on me. For when I feel like it, I will use the pencil over the powder for a more defined look. I love that this is a very buildable and blendable product. It's also very convenient and easy to use as well. 

Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara
I have been using my eye products for way too long that even the writing on the product has faded! I have been this mascara for the past year or so and it has served my lashes quite well. I love how it makes my lashes appear darker and longer while still giving my lashes a very natural look. However, I do have one huge complaint with this mascara. It's marketed as being waterproof but it does not quite hold up to this status and that has been quite disappointing for me. I find that throughout the day I will get smudges on my lower lash line even though I don't put mascara on my lower lashes. 

Maybelline Masterliner
I only use this product for when I can be bothered, which is not all that often. I've had this product for quite a while so it's not very sharp any more. This tip is quite blunt but it is quite suitable of tight-lining. I generally don't wear eyeliner when I go to uni because I generally either woke up too late or am running late, and eyeliner takes me a good three to seven minutes to do. 



L'oreal Nude Magique CC Cream: Anti-Redness
I looooovvvveeeeee this product so much! I tend to get redness on my face and so far this has been saving grace. It tones down the redness on my entire face, gives a nice but light coverage and is very easy to apply. I just apply with my fingers and everything is done within half a minute. That's what you need when you're tight for time because the less time it takes to put on your make-up means more time for sleep! 

Maybelline Dark Circle Eraser
Perfect for covering up the late nights and early rises. It instantly makes me appear more awake, even though ton the inside I may be sleep deprived. It, again like the CC cream, is super easy to apply. Just twist for product, dab on face and blend away. Easy. That's what I like. 

Rimmel Match Perfection 2-in-1 Concealer & Highlighter
I don't really like this product. It doesn't really serve the 2-in-1 purpose that it states it has. The coverage is way too light to be a concealer. Once blended out the original blemish shows through, which is not what you want from a concealer. As a highlighter, it doesn't really highlight as such. The product itself is more a light foundation than it is a concealer/highlighter. 

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder 
I quite like this product. Easy to use and does its job. It sets my CC cream in place and also mattifies my face to prevent any excess shine, though the CC cream itself does set to a matte consistency so I'm not sure whether the pressed powder helps with shine control in this aspect.

What's your lazy everyday make-up routine?

Jessica xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan